Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby Steps

Baby steps is all it takes to get that meat right off your plate!

OK, so maybe you might be thinking that it's going to be REALLY hard to become a vegetarian...well i've got news for you..it's really not!
Before I became veg I literally ate meat at EVERY meal. I'm talking bacon for breakfast, chicken for lunch and pork chops for dinner. My whole family eats meat. I stressed out a lot about how much I thought I was going to miss meat and put off the decision for a LONG time...until one day I just decided to do it!

My first attempt was full-blown immediate cut-off of all meat products. And that worked.....for exactly 11 and a half days. So when I chose to try again I was more smart about it. These are the baby steps I took to become a vegetarian.

1. Cut out red meat
Because it's not really my favourite and it's also the most unhealthy

2.Cut out fish 
Also not my favorite

3.Cut out pork
Letting go of those ribs....

4.Cut out chicken
This was definitely the hardest...I LOVED chicken. It took me about 2 months to let it go.

This worked for me...and whenever I feel i'm about to loose sight of why I chose to do it, I play back scenes in my head of all the videos and all the information I've read about being veggie- that really helps. I imagine the blood and the pigs screaming and I know that never again in my life (or at least the foreseeable future) will I eat meat.

So, what I'm trying to say is that trying to move things to fast will make it harder to keep up in the long term. I don't want being vegetarian to be just a phase in my life y'know? I want it to be my new and improved lifestyle :)

Don't rush things! Baby steps....baby steps...:)

xxx Cynthia


No comments:

Post a Comment